Week of OCtober 19th, 2020
Parents and Students,
We’re excited for our concert this week! Here are a few reminders for our after school rehearsal on Tuesday AND for our performances on Thursday.
- When - Tuesday, October 20th. Honors Band from 4-4:30pm and Symphonic Band from 4:40pm-5:10pm.
- Students will come IMMEDIATELY after school to grab their instruments and head to the PAC. Honors Band will be on stage and Symphonic Band will be socially distanced in the audience seating.
- Honors Band will leave immediately after their rehearsal at 4:30, please plan to pick them up at that time.
- Where - RHS PAC at Utley MS.
- Who - ALL in-person students are required to attend. Remote students who plan on participating in our performance are required to attend the rehearsal.
- Only 8th grade football players are excused due to their away-game on Tuesday.
- Why - To practice our concert! It will be the first time remote students will be rehearsing with a group all year!
- When - Thursday, October 22nd.
- Symphonic Band - PAC opens at 5:30pm for the audience. Warm-up starts at 5:45pm on stage. Concert begins at 6:00pm.
- Honors Band - PAC opens at 6:25pm for the audience. Warm-up starts at 6:35pm on stage. Concert begins at 6:45pm.
- Due to COVID regulations, we are having two separate concerts for each band. Students will not be allowed to watch the band’s they are not performing with unless they have a sibling in that band.
- Where - RHS PAC at Utley MS
- Who - ALL in-person students are required to attend. It will be graded. Remote students who came to the rehearsal can perform. Remote students who do not perform will be required to watch the live-stream of both concerts and write a critique (more on that will be on Canvas)
There are a few guidelines we all have to follow due to the pandemic. Please read over the following guidelines carefully and thoroughly. Failure to follow these guidelines could result in disciplinary actions on the band, teachers, and school.
- We ask that only the immediate family (those living in the household) attend the concert. All other friends and family will have the opportunity to watch our live-streamed performance. Link will be provided.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, then please enjoy our concert from home on our live-stream.
- ALL audience members, teachers, and students are required to wear face coverings for the entire duration of the concert. Please do not take off the face covering until you are out of the building. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Audience members will have 4 seats between each family. We will be taping off every-other row to help with social distancing guidelines.
- The balcony will be closed for all attendees.
- We will have parent ushers to help guide everyone to their seats. Please follow their directions on where to sit.
- Gatherings before or after the concert are prohibited. Normally we love to socialize with parents after the concert so you can tell us how amazing we are, but unfortunately we are not able to accommodate that this year.
- Once the concert is over, please exit the school promptly. Your child will meet you outside by the bandhall doors.
Thank you so much for your help in making sure this is a positive experience for all of the amazing Utley Band students. We look forward to giving everyone a great concert! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or message on REMIND.
Mr. Hackett and Mr. Beaty