Week of September 8th, 2020
Congratulations on getting through the first 1.5 weeks of this crazy school year! Here are a few updates for this week:
- Charms payments are not on the accounts just yet, we've had to prioritize other things BUT this will be done soon. You'll get an email as soon as it's ready.
- All homework assignments are on Canvas. In-person students will have a chance to complete this at school, if necessary.
- Sectionals begin THIS WEEK for Honors Band! Check the schedule down below.
- Hybrid students will be allowed to attend band rehearsals beginning this week! If you are a remote 7th or 8th grader and you wish to do this, please complete the form at https://forms.gle/NUdoqrQBJqGoZbsb9
- All forms and fees were originally due September 18th, but we will be extending that to September 30th to give everyone more time! You can complete forms by doing the "Introductions" module in Canvas.
- As stated above, Charms payments will begin soon. Otherwise, check made out to "Utley Middle School Band" or EXACT cash will be accepted.
- All beginners should have received their instruments/supplies if you ordered before school began. If you ordered within the past 2 weeks, those instruments/supplies should be coming in soon! If you haven't ordered yet please do this soon; if you need help PLEASE let us know. We are more than happy to help! :)
Thank you so much for being so patient, understanding, and welcoming as I have been acclimating to a new school and district! That's not to mention the COVID-19 situation! It's been wonderful and I am incredibly grateful.
Parent meeting and flip grid
Aug 17, 2020
Hey Utley Wolf Band!
Mr. Beaty and I have been hard at work trying to ensure that everything is ready by the time school starts. As you can imagine, having to learn all of the wonderful things Utley has to offer the Band students PLUS having to prepare for the changes due to COVID-19 has been challenging, but I assure you that we will have things up and running soon*!
This Saturday, August 22nd, we will be having our 7th/8th Grade Parent Meeting from 2pm-3pm via Zoom. We will be sending the link out from Charms, so please make sure your information on Charms is correct! We will spend some time talking about all the changes coming this school year, expectations for the students, calendar overview, and then take any questions you may have. We will probably not have ALL the answers, but I promise we will do our best. You can view the Slideshow here.
Finally, beginning next week, we will have an update each Sunday posted here at http://www.utleywolfband.org/news-and-updates.html . If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me at Robert.Hackett@rockwallisd.org or Mr. Beaty at Preston.Beaty@rockwallisd.org.
*soon does not denote a short amount of time. It does not denote a long amount of time, either. Just... an amount of time.
meet mr. hackett!
Jul 20, 2020
Hey Utley Wolf Band!
My name is Rob Hackett and I’m going to be joining UMS as your new band director this upcoming school year! I’m very excited to get the year started and I can’t wait to meet you all.
I understand that this will be quite an unusual year for us all. Please be flexible and open to any changes that may be coming to the band program over the next few weeks, especially with the uncertainty around COVID-19.
Mr. Beaty has been a WONDERFUL help in getting me acclimated to the Utley Band Program and I am beyond thankful. We have been working very hard to make sure everything is ready by the time school starts and working from home is going to make everything take a little more time then it usually would. Please check our website for any new information we may have for you. This page will be updated frequently over the next few weeks.
It is important to be informed of all that is happening within the band program since things can change on a dime this upcoming school year. My favorite form of communication is through the app REMIND. Please either download the FREE app or subscribe via text so you can receive each update I send out. Also, please make sure your emails are updated in Charms and email Mr. Hackett or Mr. Beaty with any comments or questions you may have! I always have my phone on me, so REMIND is always a fantastic option if you need a quicker response.
Those emails are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Let me again say how excited I am to be a part of the Utley Wolf Band! I can’t wait to meet everyone.